Home Decorating With Area Rugs
Instead of replacing your flooring, consider decorating with area rugs. There are plenty of options out there when it comes to the area rugs. You can dress up a hallway or add color to a bedroom. They are easy to find, affordable to purchase and they offer you the ability to move them around as you see fit. With so many benefits of area rugs, you can easily add these to your home for a beautiful, dramatic look change.
Benefits Of Area Rugs
• Affordable solution to your decorating dilemma. Replacing flooring for the room is costly and the labor is even more costly. Selecting an area rug is easy to do and there is no labor to laying it down.
• Offers a dynamic change instantly. When you add an area rug to a room, the colors of the room come out. The area rug can be an accent to your current flooring. It can add character, texture and elegance to virtually any area of the home.
• There are a wide range of choices for you to select from. Many of the most common color pairings are available. There are also many different patterns to select from. You can even have them custom made if you would like.
When it comes to purchasing area rugs for your decorating needs, you need to keep several things in mind. You should not go out and just pick any rug that you find. Instead, you should consider all the things that have the ability to add value, comfort and style to the room. The bottom line is to find an area rug that you love, but you can also find a rug that is perfect in these ways as well.
Determine The Area’s Needs
The first thing to do is to determine the needs that you have for this area of your home. Let’s say that you would like to add an area rug to your dining room. Take the time to measure out the size of the room or the section that you would like the rug to cover. Don’t guess! More people make mistakes with guessing the wrong size than anything else.
Consider your current flooring. What color is it? You can easily benefit from purchasing an area rug that is an accent to your flooring’s color. You may even be able to select the same type of pattern that your flooring has into the carpet. If the two do not match (the current flooring that will be exposed and your area rug) you will not have a good overall look to the room. But, if they do accent each other, the possibilities are endless.
Consider your room’s atmosphere. If you are placing the area rug into an area of your home that has a specific theme or look, you should insure that you honor that with your addition of an area rug. You may find that the area rug is one that offers a lot of colors and patterns. In some cases, people will design the entire room of their home around the look of a perfect area rug that they find. If you are looking for an elegant finish, consider an luxurious area rug that offers rich tones and a gorgeous, intricate pattern.
Finally, you need to consider the traffic that will be in the room. If you will be placing an area rug under a table that your small children eat off of, you may want to look for less of a quality product or purchase something that can be cleaned easily. If near a door, consider the amount of traffic coming in here as well.
Determine The Right Area Rug
The next thing on your list is to select the right area rug based on its qualifications for being in your home. There are several things that you should consider when it comes to the rug that you are purchasing. Taking the time to look at these details will insure that the product you are purchasing is well worth the cost.
• Color. This is probably the first thing that you will look at. If the color and pattern of the rug is not going to fit into your room’s scheme, then there is no need to go any farther. You need it to work well with the colors in the room.
• Material. The material of the area rug should be well fitting into the room. There are plenty of options here. Many enjoy the beauty of the oriental rugs. Some enjoy a gorgeous Persian rug. Still others are looking for a wool rug. No matter what your needs are, selection of the right material will offer you the comfort that you are looking for. It adds the right texture to the room as well.
• Quality. It goes without saying that an investment in an area rug should take the quality of the product in mind. You will pay a good deal for a quality rug. Yet, it will last longer, offer a better dynamic and look, and it will add more value to your home than a poor quality choice.
• Price. When considering all of these elements, you will need to consider the cost of them as well. There is no doubt that a high quality product is going to cost you more than one that is less quality. But, in the long run, the cost difference can be made up by the fact that it lasts longer and you love it. Determine what your budget is, then consider the best quality options in that budget.
Home decorating with area rugs is easy to do when you consider these aspects. If you are in the market for a beautiful area rug, go for the look that is the most amazing and perfect for your room and your tastes.