The latest trend for decorative carpets in 2013 seems tilted in favor of monochrome, and plain area rugs made from thick materials. The markets for carpets in 2013 in the western world offer variety of rugs and carpets ranging in different sizes, just to name the few. The color options range from plain cream and beige colors to exotic mushroom grey and natural wood shades. Patterns and designs are generally simple and plain but some homeowners also prefer striped and zebra patterns. Many of the decorative carpets and area rugs and runner rugs often come in soft and plush fabric made from hand-woven thick wool.
Carpet is the most practical, versatile and fashionable option of flooring. In addition, carpets account for more than half of all flooring purchases that are made each year. As a matter of fact, carpet has outsold all other types of flooring for more than 60 years.
Carpet gives you a number of advantages that other flooring choices can’t contest. Here are eleven features that carpet will add to any home:
1. Carpet is an excellent option for your family room, bedroom and other rooms where you want warmth underfoot.
2. Carpet will provide an additional layer of insulation between the floors of your home. Depending on the carpet weight and density, it contributes to the R-value of your home. As a result, this adds to the energy efficiency.
3. There are no slip surfaces in your rooms where you use a carpet. This will prevent accidents together with a natural cushion in the case of someone falling.
4. Reduction in sound is another benefit of using a carpet. It reduces noise better than any other type of flooring. Carpet dampens noise in 3 ways:
– Reducing surface noise from foot traffic.
– Blocking sound transmission.
– Absorbing airborne sound.
These qualities are very useful in apartments.
5. If you want to camouflage any damage to the floor or put out of sight any other problems, like warped floors, just add a carpet.
6. Carpets are easy to care for. They are very stain resistant, which makes cleaning even the worst possible spills easier.
7. Several studies discovered that carpet can improve the quality of air by trapping allergy causing dust and allergens. However, you must properly clean and maintain your carpet.
8. Carpets offer variety of use. You can effortlessly add carpet to stairs, steps, posts, walls, and other non level surfaces.
9. Because carpets can be found in a variety of different colors and textures, they help to create infinite possibilities for decorating.
10. Carpets are not expensive if you take into account that they are an economical alternative to the other types of costly flooring. You won’t pay near as much as you would for hard surfaces.
11. Today’s carpets are extremely durable and can live longer than most other types of flooring. All you need to do is choose a carpet that has a life span of 5 – 30 years.