Bring Summer To Your Home Decor
Bring Summer To Your Home Decor – What images come to mind when you think of summer? For some it might be long, leisurely strolls along the shore, for others it would be extra time with the kids, home for the summer. No matter what thought summer provokes for you, finding ways to bring summer to your home decor is sure to help you make the most of the season.
Here are some inexpensive, easy and nice summer decorating tips to add some freshness to your home. Because summer is all about fun and relaxation, these ideas don’t take a lot of time or effort.
1. Paint is always a good option if you’re looking for a way to freshen up a room. You can save money and time by just painting the main focal wall (watercolor palette is summer trend 2015). This can be completed in less than an hour.
2. Consider rearranging your furniture to make allowances for the extra in and out foot traffic you’ll have while the kids are home from school. Doing so will not only give your room an updated look, but will also help you flooring or carpet to last longer by spreading the everyday wear to a different area.
3. Instead of making new tablecloths and pillows, try a no sew method instead. You can wrap pillows in a piece of material on the diagonal as you would a present and tie with a decorative ribbon. You can use duct tape to make a quick, temporary hem on your old tablecloths or sheet to make them fit breakfast nooks and end tables. When you want to make a change for the next season, removing them will be a snap! You can then store things you need to keep handy but out of sight, in cardboard boxes underneath.
4. Consider purchasing artwork and accessories that are seasonal. This will not only help freshen your rooms with the passing of each season, but it will also stop you from growing bored with your artwork and knick knacks. Having rotating art work doesn’t have to cost a fortune. There are many retail and online store that sell prints and paintings at very reasonable prices. If you want one-of-a-kind artwork, check out a local art gallery. While many items there may be out of your price range, you will likely find many others that are well within your budget.
5. Flower, flowers, flowers! Even if you don’t garden, find a way to fill your home with as many fresh flowers as possible. A quick stop at the florist on the way home will give you home a fresh new look. Add even more flowers when you are having special guests. They are sure to notice that you went to a little extra trouble for them.