Buying Kitchen Appliances Guide
Do you want to remodel your kitchen? If so, you should begin planning to buy new kitchen appliances. A new set of appliances will match up well with the new décor and add an extra dimension to your kitchen, besides fulfilling the needs of your family. Searching for best quality kitchen appliances, most often than not, seems to be an uphill slog. But not anymore, provided you know where to buy the best appliances! From luxury brands to “hard to find” European designs, almost every type of branded appliances can be found these days.
Every kitchen is unique. Based on the particular needs of your family, the number, size, and type of appliances you need will vary. Hence, while buying kitchen appliances, you should choose wisely. Here are some handy tips to help you with your selection.
1. Before you take your pick it is important that you do your homework. This will help you in selecting the best products from among hundreds of others available on the market.
2. Select the major kitchen appliances at first. A refrigerator is essential to every household. While buying a refrigerator, decide whether you need a free-standing type or a built-in ‘compact’ model. Make sure that the refrigerator matches well with the cabinetry design.
3. Opt for combination packages. That is, make sure you buy appliances like dishwashers, stoves, ovens, microwaves, and refrigerators all together. That way, you can save your hard-earned money. However, don’t forget to check the warranty offered while selecting a combination package of kitchen appliances. There are many outlets offering appliances from renowned brands to suit the needs of the customers.
4. After the refrigerator, the stove and the oven should be selected. A counter-top stove is popular with most homeowners as opposed to traditional free-standing models chiefly because the former requires less space and looks more stylish than the latter. However, you must look at your own kitchen, its design and space availability, before making a decision.
5. Comparing the various features of different models of appliances before opting for a particular type is always a good idea. The foremost thing that you must check is the quality of the product. Renowned brands like Aga, Amana, Asko, Bertazzoni, Bluestar, Bosch, Dacor, Feugo, Sharp, Whirlpool, Viking, and others are available only at the best outlets. Appliances of these brands need no introduction and can be safely purchased.
6. Be smart about financing. When it comes to financing, most outlets will offer their own financing. Most will come with attractive financing rates, like zero-down or zero-interest for the first year. These can be an excellent deal if you are in a position to pay for all your new appliances within the term offered. However, if you aren’t going to be able to do that, you will probably get hit with exorbitant interest rates, which could be a financial thorn in your side for a long time. If you aren’t in a position to quickly pay off the financing package from the store, you should probably go to the store with a loan already in hand. Most homeowners opt for a home equity loan or line of credit to make large home improvement purchases. For example, according to the financing experts at BB&T, a home equity loan through BB&T is an “increasingly popular way for homeowners to finance renovations, upgrades and other home improvements, all while increasing their homes’ overall value and attractiveness to potential buyers–even in the tightest markets.”