Eye Catching Wall Decorations
Eye Catching Wall Decorations – Walls are harder to decorate because objects that you hang on it should more or less coordinate with the rest of the design theme of your home. A common mistake is to try treating walls as separate units of the overall design plan. As a result, it creates a challenge when accessories do not match with the rest of the room or it ends up being an eyesore. Here are some creative ideas for decorating your walls:
1. Hallways – Hallway walls are excellent areas to utilize by adding accent pieces that will coordinate with the decor of the room. Use matching colors on walls that work with the rest of the color scheme. For example, embellish country style designs by using rustic barnyard or woodland prints with matching or coordinating frames. Plants are great accessories to add to the country theme. If you have enough wall space, a fun way to highlight the wall is to add a wall mounted large indoor water feature. Indoor water features are modern and sophisticated that help create a refreshing atmosphere.
2. Bedrooms walls – Draperies, artworks, and family photographs are all wonderful objects you can decorate the bedroom wall. Choose the color and design that reflects your personality – sentimental, romantic, or even whimsical themes. Place a bulletin board in the kids’ rooms to hang their favorite trading cards, notes, and friends’ photos. Adding bookshelves on the wall are great for displaying trophies and toys.
4. Kitchen or dining room walls – Get swatches of fabrics, paints or wallpaper before deciding on what you want. The choices for paint colors are red, orange, yellow and, green. Try taping the color swatch to the wall to see which color looks good. Each color will give a different feel to the room. Avoid blue – studies have shown that blue can decrease one’s appetite. If you are using wallpaper designs, coordinate the prints with the colors used throughout the home. Images or prints of flowers or vegetables and ceramic plates are all great wall decorations. Hanging assorted baskets or cookwares provide a homey touch to the kitchen or dining area.
5. Living and family room walls – Art pieces, paintings, and family pictures go well in any living or family room walls. Enhance your display by using proper lighting to highlight these objects. Proper lighting can help you set the tone – from cozy, comfortable, to elegant or even romantic. Adding wall shelving or bookshelves for books and other knick-knacks are wonderful space savers.
6. Garage – Most people would simply discount the use of the garage and simply store boxes after boxes of unwanted junk or store clothes no longer needed. However, you can turn the garage wall into a utility area where you can install a pegboard or shelving to hang tools and other items such as cleaning materials.
Fabrics and vinyl are unique and excellent wall coverings. Glue them to the wall with an adhesive made especially for fabric or vinyl. Select interesting textures, patterns, and colors to enliven a wall that looks plain.
Decorating with beads is another way to dress up any wall. You can create silhouette of images or interesting patterns – depending on your mood and style. Let your imagination help you create amazing wall designs and in no time, you will have transformed a drab looking wall into a fabulous looking area of your home.