If it is time for you to make changes, change your home with Moroccan decor – it can really shake things up. Why simply change interior colors or replace furniture when you can have a whole new exotic and mysterious look instead? Moroccan home decor is an extremely popular option right now, because it combines different cultural influences and styles into a unique blend that is fabulous.
There are two main types of Moroccan decor, and these are rural and urban. Each of these two Moroccan style types will have different aspects but they are both a great choice for home decoration and interior design.
Rural Moroccan home decor will have heavy influence from the Middle East, and can include fabrics, rugs, embroideries and tapestries, and more. Urban Moroccan home decor will include wood and metal, ceramics, leathers, and other components. Both styles will include Moroccan furniture and Moroccan home lighting options, and are a terrific choice when it comes to decorating your home. There are some tips that will help you give your home a Moroccan decor easily.
Include bright colors when the goal is Moroccan home decor. Colors that are bold and vibrant are used to brighten up the living spaces. These named colors can include blue and green in various shades, yellows, and silver and gold. All of these core colors should be used liberally, with additional colors used for accents such as purple with blue or other rich colors to create an inviting atmosphere. Using bright colors in Moroccan home decor can really change the way that you look at your home, and the way you feel in it.
• Plants and other natural elements play an important role in Moroccan home decor, and you should include a number of potted plants when decorating your home. There are many plant types which will work well with a Moroccan decor, and a general guideline is plants which are exotic and lush and reminiscent of an oasis. Textured walls can also add another element that really stands out.
• Moroccan home lighting is an important aspect if you are using Moroccan home decor. Add some magic into your home and brighten up the decor bringing home the Moroccan lanterns. Moroccan lamps and Moroccan lanterns are not like lighting options found in other areas around the globe, and there are many websites where you can find handcrafted Moroccan lighting fixtures at a great price. If this is not possible then lanterns in a Moroccan style can be used for ambiance instead.
• Textures are also extensively used in Moroccan home decor, and materials without much texture are discarded in favor of materials which are highly textured. Moroccan decor includes a blend of many textures, shapes, and colors. Wooden flooring which is dark is accented by thick rugs made of natural fibers, and rugs can also be used on the walls along with tapestries and embroideries. Luxurious fabrics are draped over Moroccan furniture, across doorways, and even from the ceiling.
• Mosaic tables which are extremely colorful can be a fantastic addition to any Moroccan home decor, because this Moroccan furniture will bring color into a room and make it more inviting. The use of wooden lanterns and lamps that are intricately hand carved specifically for Moroccan lighting purposes can add an authentic atmosphere to your home.
• Artwork created using burnished metal to make a fantastic addition to any wall that needs a special touch, and ribbon brocades in metallic colors can be draped across Moroccan furniture and accessories for a luxurious feel. Cushion covers and bed coverings made from silk can be used in various jeweled colors, for a unique Moroccan decor that has flair and is over the top.